We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We created this policy to give you confidence with regards to your personal data when visiting and using the HelloLittleOwl.com website.
This document is only available in English, as that is the official language of commerce in the United States where we operate. Any translated copies are not valid.
The Website and its Content is owned by Hello Little Owl LLC (“Company”, “we”, or “us”). The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our Website.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
- If you chose to purchase a product from us. However, only our third-party payment processor, PayPal, will collect your payment information. We do not store credit card or other payment method data.
- When you fill out an email form. That information is also stored by our email processor MailerLite.
- When you provide us with feedback on our products or services.
- When you provide a comment, photo, image, video or any other submission to us when visiting or interacting with our Website and its Content. By providing such Confidential Information or Other Information to us, you grant us permission to use and store such information.
- We collect information about your visits to and use of this website, such as your general geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- Fulfill orders you place through the website
- To personalize your experience, to improve our website, to improve customer service, to process transactions, administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature and to send periodic emails.
- To send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology;
- To send to you marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by Emailing us.
- To provide other companies with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We aim to keep the Confidential Information that you share with us confidential, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Please note that we may disclose such Confidential Information
- If required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or property or those of our users or licensees, (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- To act as immediately necessary in order to protect the personal safety or rights of our users or the public;
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Confidential Information, Personally Identifiable Information or Other Information available for viewing by others online through this Website or its Content, such as comments or reviews, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the Confidential Information, Personally Identifiable Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share.
If you remove information that you have previously made available for viewing by others, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages on third-party websites such as Wayback Machine and other similar services, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through PayPal and are not stored or processed on our servers.
To use certain features of the Website or its Content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized or improper use of your username or password or any other breach of security. To help protect against unauthorized or improper use, make sure that you log out at the end of each session requiring your username and password.
It is your responsibility to protect your own username and password from disclosure to others. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your personal information at your own risk.
By using our Website and its Content you agree to enter true and accurate information on the Website and its Content. If you enter a bogus email address, we have the right to immediately inactivate your account.
Do we use ‘cookies’ or tracking pixels?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- To customize content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyze traffic to the site.
We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. No PII is passed in this process. The cookie only recognizes the browser and the actions taken on this website to offer more relevant content to the user.
- Serve advertisements on their or other websites you may visit.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console, that track this information on our behalf.
- To provide social media features such as posting, sharing, viewing and commenting.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It will affect the user’s experience that makes your site experience more efficient. However, you will still be able to place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
You can also visit the following sites to read their privacy policies and how they track individuals across the web:
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Retention of Your Information
If you have an account with Hello Little Owl LLC, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your transaction information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
If you sign up for correspondences such as our newsletter, we will retain your information until you opt out.
If you are a visitor to this website, we will retain your non-personal information for analytical purposes for up to two years.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 3 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 1 business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
And we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
European Union General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
Hello Little Owl LLC and HelloLittleOwl.com is a United States based company shipping products to United States addresses exclusively. However, we do recognize that European Union citizens can visit this website and potentially make purchases for delivery to a United States address. As a result, we offer the following privacy rights in compliance with GDPR:
- You have the right to know exactly what PII data is stored. You can receive a copy of that information by contacting email@example.com. You have the right to use this copy of your PII data for your own purposes.
- You have the right to correct any errors in the PII stored. In most cases this can be accomplished by logging into your account and changing the information in the account profile. Other correction request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to have your PII data erased. Erasure requests can be sent to email@example.com. All PII will be erased except for data directly related to transactions that we are obligated to keep to fulfill our legal obligations.
- You have the right to refuse to have your PII data stored and/or used. To exercise this right, refuse to accept cookies when queried and do not fill out any forms on this website.
- You also have the right to revoke previous permissions to collect PII data. Permission revocation request can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hello Little Owl does not used any PII data to make decision that would adversely affect the users ability to interact in any way with Hello Little Owl LLC.
Assignment of Rights
Hello Little Owl LLC, 741 Tyler Dr., Sarasota, FL 34236
Last Edited on 2018-08-15